Did I just splurge on a coat I don’t have funding for? Technically - yes. But here’s the thing, I fell in love with this coat yesterday and today it went on sale. That means it was meant to be, right? And, after all, isn’t that what savings accounts are for - luxury wardrobe staples at a bargin? No one was ever sent to the poor house for buying a coat.
And I tried to do the responsible thing, I went to J. Crew to try it on. Did I buy another shirt while I was in there? Yes - but that’s besides the point. They didn’t even have that coat there for me to try on. But I talked to the sales woman and she was kind enough to look up who did have it - no one. And she noted there were only 30 left in my size for purchase online. 30 left for the whole world!
I am just not prepared to live with that kind of regret.
- nogreatillusion likes this
- buongiorno likes this
- buongiorno said: Haha, yes! I did a similar thing with a j.crew plaid schoolboy blazer. Had to have it, no regrets!
- michaelstandish likes this
- staceyjoy likes this
- cluttered-wife likes this
- garcon-mignon said: i just bought a $400 coach purse that only had 70 in captivity (stock)… and i waited for a 20% off coupon? whatever it’s bad ass and you’ll be glad you got it.
- ataxiwardance said: Beautiful.
- ataxiwardance likes this
- peter911sc said: Nice coat. Enjoy.
- paulgordon likes this
- 63words likes this
- fishy likes this
- emilyposts likes this
- tothenow said: Don’t worry I recently splurged on designer shoes that were a little more than half off and i have been dying to have a pair since seeing them last year. No guilt! It’s worth it especially since they’ll last for years to come.
- tothenow likes this
- littledidiknow posted this